Safety & Zero Harm Objective
DTS is committed to promoting a culture of zero harm which puts the highest priority on safety for everyone associated with our business and on minimising our impact on the environment.
This means that we provide the policies, resources and training that will deliver healthy and safe working conditions for employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public who come in contact with us.
Health & Safety Management Policy
At DTS, we value the wellbeing of our team members, contractors, clients, visitors and members of the public. We are committed to responsible management practices that minimise any adverse health or safety issues and enhance benefits associated with our activities and services.
DTS is committed to the philosophy of ZERO harm. We are committed to promoting a culture where harm to people and the environment through our work practices are unacceptable.
Our health and safety management practices have been incorporated into the DTS Integrated Management System (IMS). They have been developed to comply with all legal obligations, and with the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational health and safety management systems and OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems & Requirements.
The DTS IMS defines our commitment to:
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment;
- Continue to recognise our positive duty of care as PCBUs, officers, and workers of this practice, in understanding safety risks inherent in our business and verifying that risks and hazards are being appropriately eliminated or controlled;
- Provide all necessary resources to establish and maintain a safe workplace; meet our commitment through establishing responsibilities, setting measurable objectives and targets, providing mechanisms for reviewing safety performance, ensuring continual improvement and elimination of work related injury and illness;
- Provide fair and effective workplace representation, consultation, cooperation and problem resolution;
- Involve all of our people in WHS management, through consultation, encouraging them to identify, assess and control hazards; review health and safety systems, and performance;
- Take all practicable steps to prevent incidents and eliminate hazards within the workplace through risk identification, assessment, implementation of control measures, monitoring and reviewing to ensure continual effectiveness;
- Ensure all incidents are reported, recorded, root cause is identified, and action is taken to prevent re-occurrence;
- Where injury or illness occurs, help our people to achieve full recovery through prompt treatment and active rehabilitation;
- Develop safety awareness through initial and ongoing, education and training;
- Ensure annual review of the Health & Safety Management Policy; and
- Ensure the Health & Safety Management Policy is available to interested parties.
In implementing this policy, we will engage with our team members, contractors, suppliers, clients and regulatory authorities, and communicate expectations to all persons working with or on behalf of DTS.
Chief Executive Officer
develop with confidence, develop with DTS